Monday, February 4, 2008

Sonny's Blues, Lost in the Funhouse, and Videotape

Of all of these stories, the only one that I was interested in was Videotape. I didn't understand what Sonny's Blues was about and Lost in the Funhouse was completely boring to me. I had the hardest time trying to stay focus reading the two. I had no interest in those two stories what-so-ever. However, Videotape was more of a suspense story so it kept my attention much easier. I like the fact that every now and then, the author would relate the little girl taping the man to family functions. It seems so real because most of the time at family reunions or functions, someone is ususually taping and the person t videotaping seems to get everthing on camera. Although I didn't understand how the girl managed to tape all of that happening to the man while driving and nobody heard any of it that was going on or saw the girl taping any of it. Maybe I was just reading it wrong, but It seemed kind of odd to me. I also didn't like the fact that the man got shot in the neck and the little girl wittnessed all of it.

1 comment:

KCieslak330 said...

I totally agree with you I also found sonny blues confusing and and Lost in the Funhouse completely boring! I liked video tape i thought it was interesting becuase i think we can all relate to home videos!