Thursday, February 14, 2008

Freewrite

There are so many songs that capture my attention, like Gossip by Lil' Wayne,"Stop analyzing, critizing, you should realize what I am and start epitamizing. Legitamite, I got the heart of the biggest lion. I'm confident like **** em all pull out my **** and ride it".

I really like this quote from the song Gossip because it is blunt and self explanatory and describes my personally 90% of the time and how I feel about almost every situation I go into. Its my favorite and plus you hear it when you call my phone!

Kanye West, "If somebody would have told me a year ago it was gonna get this difficult. Feeling like Katrina with no fema, Like Martin with no Gina., Like a flight with no visa, first class with the seat back I still see ya, In my past, you on the other side of the glass of my memories museum. I'm just saying hey Mona Lisa come home you know you can't roll without Caesar".

I find these particular lines in Kanye's song interesting because at the time I heard the song, I was going through a lot of complicated stuff. I interpreted every line symbolic for something in my life and to this day, it still creates different thoughts and self evaluating concepts in my mind.

3 comments:

maurice said...

You and me are on the same page here. One of the reasons I like music is that apart from describing my personality and stuff, it tells a lot of things that I do in everyday life, mostly stuff that I have been through.

Lindsay said...

I agree with you completely on relating music lyrics to your life. That is one thing I love about music and the main reason for me liking a lof of th emusic that I do, becuase it relates to my life.

AKM said...

I'm kind of saying what everyone else said but I feel that way about music a lot too. I love hearing songs that I feel like directly relate to my life.