Thursday, April 17, 2008

Journey of the Magi

At first when I read this short story, I thought it was kind of hard to pick up on what the main idea was. It started off kind of basic, meaning the author was describing a cold winter. However, the more I kept reading the more I started to realize that the story started focusing on religion. It seemed to me like towards the end of the story, the author stated to explain judgement day. I'm not sure how I feel about this story. Its neither here nor there with it. I just want to know how the author went from talking about a winter day to death?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I had a very similar reaction to this story. When I read it, I was very confused at first to what was occurring. I then connected it to religion, though, your take on how it may be about Judgement Day was an interesting one.

KCieslak330 said...

I also found this hard to pick up the main idea. I never am good at it but this one seemed particularly hard. And i t was confusing going from winter to death. kind of morbid also