Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Leda and the Swan
It is so amazing how the short poem describes the Greek mythology in a different and more interesting way. I had a feeling that in the poem a girl was being raped. After I did my research, I realized that this is one freaky story. Leda was admired by Zeus. Zeus disguised himself as a swan and raped her. How in the world does a swan rape a human? If I remember correctly, she had or should I say laid two eggs. What kind of mess is that? I thought that the story was interesting, but weird as...! After reading all of that, I just had to go back and read the poem over again. I can't believe this! It really was a swan. In the first line the words-great wings. In the last line the word-beak. At one point, it seemed as though she was actually enjoying messing with a swan. This is one strange poem, but I can't stop reading about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with your posting. I did not understand the poem when I first read it. Then I looked up the Greek mythology and it surprised me.
Post a Comment