Wednesday, April 16, 2008
She Unnames Them
I found this reading to be very interesting. I often used to think what did animals really think of their names and how did they know how to respond whenever that name was mentioned? I imagine if animals could talk, it would sound a lot like what the author wrote. I thought it was a funny story. However, I found it kind of difficult to understand at times because there were so many big words that I didn't know the meaning to such as: alacrity, anonymity, ubiquitous, and ephemeral. So I looked them up in the Encyclopedia Britannica Online. I also became really curious as to what my name means. Monica is possibly greek for "solitary" or Latin for "to advise". It also can mean alone. I love the meaning of my name. It really describes a lot about me. I do like to be in alone for the most part and I am going to school to be a psychiatrist. Isn't that coincidence? I love it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think it is really interesting that you know the meaning of your name. Knowing that your name actually does describe you I think you may have a better understanding of the story because you know how it feels to have a great descriptive name.
Post a Comment