Close reading for me is carefully reading or re-reading a specific text. To me Close reading for me is also analyzing a specific text line by line or even word by word.
I am honestly not sure what the word pastoral means to me. Considering I have never used it or heard it a day in my life. According to OED, pastoral means of relating to, or composed of shepherds or herdsmen. the etymology of the word pastoral is Middle English, from Latin pastoralis.
When I think of the word mistress I think of a seductive/sassy lady whose goal in life is to seduce men. OED definition of the word mistress is : a woman who has power, authority, or ownership: as a : the female head of a household. The etymology is Middle English maistresse, from Middle French, from Old French, feminine of maistre master.
The word nymph to me is a mystical creature. OED definition is : any of the minor divinities of nature in classical mythology represented as beautiful maidens dwelling in the mountains, forests, trees, and waters. The etymology is Middle English nimphe, from Middle French, from Latin nympha bride, nymph, from Greek nymphE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment