Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Strategies 6E
Grandmother-My mother's mother... My dad's mother-in-law...My aunt's mother...My grandfather's wife...My greatgrandmother's daughter. All these title's relate back to my grandmother. The word grandmother is important to me, but not on a level as most. I'm not that attached or close to my family so the "kisses and hugs" and "baking cookies" never existed to me. I lived in New York for most of my life so I wasn't around my grandmother often. When my family and I eventually moved to South Carolina, I was at the age where I didn't want to develop a closer relationship with my grandmother. Don't get me wrong, I love my grandmother. When I think of the word grandmother, I think of an elderly, strong, black women who has a head full of gray hair and lives confidently alone in the house next door. She has an army of people who would protect her and take care of her. I think of a lady who daily says she is painful, but somehow manages to make it to church on Sunday mornings : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment