Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Girl: Analyzing Question
Finding a question to analyze was kind of difficult for me to do because I found this story to be the most interesting for me. What does the primary speaker believe about the world, and women in general? I feel the speaker is very close-minded and believes the world only gives to certain people. The speaker strikes me as a person who thinks that the world is design to have the rich and proper or the poor and proper-pretenders. She give me the impression that the world is judging people but in reality she is judging her daughter. The speaker appears to think that nothing is free in this world, which is a true statement. I also feel like the the speaker believes women have a certain role in the world. I feel she thinks that women are suppose to cook and clean and basically be a "housewife". I think the speaker is very judgemental and feels as though if her way isn't the right way, then no way is. I feel the speaker's mentallity consists of women are not meant to accomplish things in the world; we are meant to be accomplished. Meaning, people can accomplish me as a female and that all my dreams are meant for someone else-a man-to accomplish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment