I am going to be completely honest...I really hate commenting on peoms because everytime I think one thing, it always turns out to mean something else. I know poems and text or any piece of literature for that matter can mean anything that the reader wants it to mean, but I'm always on another level. I'll give these a try and see where my luck gets me. In America, I thought from the first three lines in the poem, that this took place in a jungle because of the words "And sinks intor my throat her tiger's tooth". I pictured lions or tigers fighting outdoors and the tiger took a huge chunk out of another animal's throat. The poem kind of lost me towards the ending though.
If We Must Die was kind of easier to follow. I think the author is saying that if we are going to die, since we all have to, then let it not be like hogs or animals. Hogs are normally slaughtered when they are being killed. The author wishes to die in a more pieceful manner without blood being shed. However, I agree with the author, but I don't. The reason I don't is because we do not have a choice in how we die. It would be nice to have a peaceful death, but it's up to GOD, in my opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment