Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner

This was a short poem, but had a strong meaning behind it. I think the poem was about a miscarriage. The reason why I think this is because of phrases such as, mother's sleep, hunched in its belly, and when I died. It was kind of clear to me, that this is what the poem was about because of the last line in the poem. The author stated that, "When I died they washed me out of the turret with a hose. This poem could have also been about abortion too because the person didn't actually make it to the earth yet.

1 comment:

maurice said...

I had the exact same thoughts when I first read the poem. But it turned out not be related to anything about miscarriage or something. Why does he had to use the words like mother and belly to indicate that he was in the ball turred? that was really confusing. This poems are turning into 3D math problems