Monday, March 24, 2008

Becky and Battle Royal

I thought the beginning of this short story was really interesting, in a wierd way. I don't understand why people were questioning why this white woman had two black sons. But I managed to follow the story. Then when it got to the middle/ending, I was so lost. Did she get run over by a train or something?

This story was ok. I think that for the author to say that he is the "invisible man" is kind of interesting. When I think of a person saying that they are invisible, I think of a transparent person. Perhaps not literally invisible, but maybe is an open book. Like the phrase, "I can see straight through you". But I think that this story really, or the first paragraph touched close to home for me. I am not naive, but I had a hard time figuring out who I am, and to be completely honest, I still am trying to figure that out.

No comments: