Monday, March 17, 2008
Cultural/Historical Inventory
This reading was short but very interesting and it kept my attention. I think everything the author had to say was very true. Culture and the way people were raised, affects how different stories are told. I was raised in the Bronx, New York and I would describe September 11 much different from my cousin who was raised in Charleston, South Carolina . Although I just left right before it happened, that is my hometown, so it effected me. The same applies to Hurricane Hugo. I was not in South Carolina when it happened, so my explaination would be a lot different from my Grandma, who was born, raised, and lived in Charleston her whole life. Being that I am from New York, I do find myself thinking a lot differently from most of my friends who are Southern.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment