Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Historicism/New Historicism/Holocaust Party
I enjoyed reading The Holocaust Party because it was nothing like I have read before. It kept my attention and I think the story had a rather interesting ending. I found it quite interesting how Mrs. Isabel seemed so harmless and pure until she made that comment about "The Blood Test". I still am not sure what she meant by that. She made a statement about the Jews having thinner blood than normal blood. What kind of thing is that to say. I also wondered why she waited until it was just her and Joel in the room to say what she said. I also found the father's character to be kind of interesting. It seemed as though he could not keep still. I wished the author would have said a little more about him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree I thought it was very weird that Ms.Isabel waited till there was no one left in the room to make the comment about the Jews. It's like she was saving it for him in order to maybe take a stab at him. I also wish that the author had told us a little more about the dad. He was very interesting and his unsettledness made sense after we find out that he was a prisoner in the Phillipines.
Post a Comment