Monday, March 24, 2008
No Name Woman
I think this title alone is totally relevant to the story. The fact that this girl had an aunt that she never knew about was...crazy to me. I can't imagine my mom or dad telling me that you have an aunt, but we don't speak of her because she killed herself in a well. I would not know what to do. I just don't understand why they would deny that she is part of the family. I know it was wrong for her to kill herself, but they can't continue living a lie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I understand your feelings about the story. I think that the parents not telling the girl is wrong and right at the same time. It would be hard to tell your daughter her aunt committed suicide. I dont know how old the girl was but I know sometimes it is just right to wait to tell them.
I agree that the title is very relevant to the story. I haven't thought of that before but that was very insightful and looking back, kind of obvious. I probably should have realized that direct relation to the title and the way that the aunt is ignored by family members. I agree with you, I would be very taken aback by new information like that about my family.
Post a Comment